Ebury Publishing were looking for a new and exciting way to promote the release of their upcoming book, "Tess Daly - The Baby Diaries". With only a month until publication, the pressure was on to create a beautiful and useful app for mums and mums-to-be.
We spoke to lots of new mums to find out just what they would want from a Baby Diaries iPhone app. We found that many mums had good intentions to keep their own Baby Diary during and after their pregnancy, but never found the time to fill it in. We realised that the iPhone is the diary, photo- and video-camera you always have in your pocket, meaning it's always with you when something special happens. We created the diary app these mums wanted, and included a selection of advice and recommendations from the print book.
Tess Daly - The Baby Diaries is a free download from the iTunes Store for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Create your own Baby Diary from your photos, videos and notes
- Information on health, style and travel during pregnancy
- Video tips from Tess on the challenges of being a new mum
- Recommended books and web sites for each trimester
- Beautiful page-turn content reader
- Interactive checklists for each trimester
- Recommend the app to a friend
- Purchase the book from Amazon
The app was downloaded more than 15,000 times in its first week alone. It quickly rose to the top of the UK Health & Fitness chart, and was still in the top 100 several months later. The app was shortlisted in the Digital Innovation category at the Bookseller Industry Awards 2010.