Ebury Publishing asked us to create the first-ever baking app for The Great British Bake Off, a hugely popular BBC TV cookery series.
With the app, you can find out how to make Mary Berry’s Sacher Torte and Paul Hollywood’s Iced Fingers from series 2, and learn how to emulate Jo Wheatley’s series-winning recipes. There’s also a Victoria Sandwich and Quick Chocolate Fudge Cake, plus fun recipes for the family including an easy Monkey Bread.
With a fantastic collection of GBBO recipes, stunning recipe photography and some clever technical features, you will always be able to rise to the occasion, whether you are in the kitchen, on your way home, or on holiday.
The Great British Bake Off is available on the iTunes Store, priced at £2.99.
- Search for recipes by occasion, ingredient, level of skill and baker
- Browse for inspiration with stunning recipe photography
- Move from step to step without touching your screen in ‘Touch Free’ mode
- Create a shopping list at the touch of a button, and email it to your phone
- Mark your favourite recipes for ease of reference
- Show your friends what you are baking via Facebook or Twitter
The app went straight to #1 in the Food & Drink category on the App Store, and became one of the top-grossing apps in this category. It was also featured in The Telegraph's guide to the 500 best apps for the iPhone 5 in October 2012.